Name:

Just passin' through

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

100% man

My dad farted the other day. It smelled. We laughed. It never gets old. We transitioned into a chat about how Jesus, being human, had to break wind from time to time. The disciples probably farted as well. And probably laughed about it. I'm sure this happened at least once:
Peter: That smells awful! Who was that?!
Jesus: My bad
John: Jesus, what did you eat?!


Blog post reader: Martin, this is a little blasphemous.
Blog post author: You're blasphemous for thinking Jesus wasn't completely human. I hate that for you because you probably have a hard time believing that Jesus can identify with you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My one year old nephew laughs when he passes gas. It's definitely linked to the y-chromosome. ;)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

I've wondered about divine flatulence before, too. I think we'd be very shocked to see how ordinary Jesus looked/functioned if we were around back then. But the real theological stumper is this: did Jesus ever ask one of the disciples to 'pull his finger'?

Very well done Mr Davis...

12:01 PM  
Blogger Ol' Fuss and Feathers said...

i can i just say that i love martin davis

8:23 PM  
Blogger matthew gillikin said...

martin, i've read that out loud to two of my housemates. they responded well.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm laughing, but then again I am a man.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home