Name:

Just passin' through

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My first movie if I become a filmmaker

Wait, cancel that first part of the last post. That story should not be added to my inventory of stories.
1, b/c that's not my story anyways, I heard it fourth hand.
2, b/c what's so amazing about God changing people....we already knew the Gospel does that, why should we be so surprised and impressed when that happens?
3, this following story DOES belong to me, and I sob uncontrollably in this story which makes it more interesting/awkward when telling it.

My cousin Taylor Jackson, a lad who I saw every year of his life up until he was 8, has reappeared back into our lives now at the age of 18...
The reason why I haven't seen him in 10 years is because his mom has made it to where his dad (my blood uncle) can never see him again. In fact, "to make it easier on Taylor", she told him his dad was dead so that Taylor wouldn't desire to go run away and live with his dad. Let me repeat that to ensure your interest is sparked...his mom told him his dad was dead.
A year ago, my other cousin Wesley (who also hasn't seen him since they were both 8) finds Taylor on myspace.com. Taylor finds out his dad is alive. Wesley has been keeping in touch with Taylor since then. Wesley has asked Taylor if he wants to see his dad, but Taylor says he wants nothing to do with him.
Then two months or so ago, Taylor's mom and controlling step-dad are driving in the car with him. They pull over to the side of the road and yell at Taylor "get out of the car, and don't come back. Get outta here!" So Taylor goes and lives with one of his friend's families. A week later Taylor's step-dad comes looking for him. He barges in to people's houses looking for Taylor (like a drunk madman (unfortunately he's not drunk; he's just a natural ass)) and insisting that Taylor's there and they're hiding him. Fortunately, he visits all Taylor's friends' houses except for the friend's house Taylor was actually in.
Meanwhile, cousin Wesley finds out about this. Wesley tells his mom (my mom's sister). Then about a month ago, Taylor gets a phone call:
"Taylor, this is your Aunt Kandy, I don't know if you remember me. Your dad really wants to see you. Is that OK?"
"Yes."
That night, his dad/my uncle David/my mom's bro/man who does the best Donald Duck impression ever drove down and picked him up. The son who thought his father was dead, and the father who hadn't seen his son in 10 years, reunited.

So for the past month. Taylor has been living with his real dad and my uncle's amazing wife Connie. According to Taylor, he loves it.....

(i made 22% of this up b/c I forget what actually happened)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's definitley a good story. :)

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home