Name:

Just passin' through

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Basketry was my favorite merit badge

(at a fancy restaurant for our friend's birthday)
Tommy: How many penguins do you think you could kill in an hour? You have a baseball bat by the way.
Martin: Depends, am I mad at them?
Tommy: Who ISN'T mad at them??
Martin: I could probably kill one every 10 seconds for the first 15 minutes. Then fatigue would set in, and it would probably take 2-3 swings per kill. At around 40 minutes, I could probably only kill 1 per minute.
Tommy (after whipping out his calculator): That's 175. Not bad. The national average is 120.
Martin: Who in the world carries a calculator with them?
Tommy: I was planning on having this conversation

------------
Martin: How long have you lived there?
Girl I just met: Sorry, I have to go take a dump.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do I have the feeling that you're going to end up being a screenwriter for stuff like 'Knocked Up'?

10:22 PM  
Blogger Ethan said...

i second that.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martin, its posts like this one that keep me coming back for more. Bravo, my friend. And Tommy seems to actually be getting funnier, if that was possible.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

penguins are small, though. have to swing down. I prefer a driver or 9 iron.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home