Name:

Just passin' through

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Why don't we sing this more often

The words of anyone who's ever truly met Jesus and the words that are slowly becoming my own:

verse 1:
Jesus, I my cross have taken,
All to leave and follow Thee.
Destitute, despised, forsaken,
Thou from hence my all shall be.
Perish every fond ambition,
All I’ve sought or hoped or known.
Yet how rich is my condition!
God and heaven are still my own.

Verse 4:
Go, then, earthly fame and treasure,
Come disaster, scorn and pain
In Thy service, pain is pleasure,
With Thy favor, loss is gain
I have called Thee Abba Father,
I have stayed my heart on Thee
Storms may howl, and clouds may gather;
All must work for good to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

i posted this on sunday afternoon. sunday evening, I visited Church of the Redeemer. We sang Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't show up in Watkinsville this Sunday or you'll have to sing it again. And you'd have to listen to a sermon on what the cross means for Jesus and for us from Mark 8:29-38.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home