Name:

Just passin' through

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bowling's gettin expensive

Story 1:
The owner of the bowling alley gives away free game coupons for anyone who bowls a turkey (three strikes in a row for you roast beef people). A girl in our group of 11 had bowled four strikes in a row plus a spare. So this Jamaican looking guy who worked at the alley came over to our group and said the girl "Alright here's a free game, but if you bowl a strike on this next bowl, I'll give you another free game." Sure enough, she bowled a strike. We were all making a ton of noise with our excitement. Even the dedicated bowlers on the bumper lanes next to us were distracted enough to stop and watch us. I was the bowler after her and he said "ok, now if this guy gets a strike I'll give everyone in the group a free game!" I was like "dude, don't do this to me." So after 23 years of always failing under pressure, I wound up and bowled a strike. Amazing. Everyone was going crazy; the guy was running around the alley saying "oh snap!".


Story 2:
I only knew 2 people out of the 11. Within the first 2 minutes of my arrival I made a really funny comment (it happens every blue moon). There was this guy who you could tell has been popular all his life; he heard my comment, thought it was hilarious, and consequently wanted to hang around me. As I noticed this I sorta tried to avoid him because I was thinking "if he hangs around me long enough, he'll realize that I'm not as cool or funny as he thought I was...and he'll eventually reject me."
I just thought this was interesting because this gives insight into how incredibly conscious I am of the social status of myself and those around me.
I have so much respect for people who aren't aware of differences and see people as people; I envy them because I try so hard to be that way, but fail constantly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having read your blog, I'm certain that you make funny comments more often than once every blue moon. You ARE one of the cool kids, Martin. Don't believe otherwise, for a minute. ;)

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home