Name:

Just passin' through

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fellow fans of that beautiful gender

In the past week, I've seen these occurrences:

Situation 1:
3 guys, 2 girls chattin' about people.
Guy 1: "That girl Ashley from summer camp, she was easily a 9."
Guy 2: "I'd even say she was a rare 10."

Situation 2:
1 couple (so 1 guy, 1 girl) and 1 extra girl, 1 extra guy.
Guy in relationship comments "No doubt, I would marry Jessica Simpson if she asked right now."

Guys do this all the time... we talk about hot girls while other girls are in the room. I do this too...I'm guilty of making hot-girl-comments on my blog. What's wrong with all this? From what I've been told and what I've witnessed, this makes girls feel like crap at most, and is disrespectful to them at least. You'd be hesitant to talk about how amazing a speaker Pastor X is while Pastor Y is in the room b/c it sorta implies that the pastor Y is not as amazing a speaker. Likewise, talking about how hot other girls are can make them feel insecure. Because most girls will at least compare herself to the girl you are complimenting and think of herself as lacking (regardless of the truth). I'm just saying, girls' image of themselves is already lower than it should be, for the most part; so I wish we would man up and watch our comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home