Name:

Just passin' through

Monday, March 12, 2007

Warm woolen mittens? me too

Watched the Sound of Music last week. Maybe it was the Budweiser, maybe it was the great catchy music, but we definitely sang along with all the songs. Man, I'm in love with those characters. I may even name my kids after them someday (i'm currently leaning towards Brigitta and Fraulein). But I then watched their 40th anniversary reunion (the second DVD in the case).


These things caught my attention for some reason:
-It was mind blowing how different they look now
-They chatted about how they consider each other their best friends in the world even though they haven't seen each other in years.
-There seemed to be a sadness among them as their reunion came to an end. Not the sadness that comes from your spoon hitting the bottom of the ice cream tub, but the sadness of thinking happiness has left and won't come again for a long time.

It hit me that all our good times, our good looks, and time with our good friends are so fleeting and last for such a short time. There's got to be more to life than this. Thankfully, I think there is.
(realistically, it is so hard for me to believe this. I am more sad that good times and good friends are diminishing than I am excited about the 'there's more to life' part. Would God help me grow less attatched to these earthly pleasures that only moderately satisfy and tap in to "the pleasures forever more that are at God's right hand.")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home