Name:

Just passin' through

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cupid, draw back your bow... (love the song, but hate archery)

Three things bothered me this Valentine's Season:

1) Kroger advertised "If you're wanting to be originial and not get her the cliche Valentine's gift, try getting her a Kroger gift card." Yes, original; but a Kroger gift card??!! In that case, Kroger should change their slogan to "Kroger: We ruin relationships."

2) I don't like how all the Valentine's day advertisers equate being in a relationship with being in love. It's as if having "feelings" for someone means you love them. But, I guess it's unrealistic for advertisers to say "Show that special someone how much you sorta care until you have to commit."

3) I don't like how all the Friends re-runs on Valentine's Day evening have a Valentine's Day theme. I guarentee you the majority of people sitting at home watching those episodes have heard more than they'd like to hear about Valentine's Day already. Come on Television, know your target audience.


No, I am not a bitter single male...regardless of how much I listen to Dashboard Confessional. My Valentine's Day was great. I had a lovely dinner with my mother at Waffle House and got to make life better for our waitress. And then watched LOST.

2 Comments:

Blogger EAM said...

TOOL of course.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home