Name:

Just passin' through

Friday, February 02, 2007

The past two days' highlights

-Tommy and I drove around with and worked along side two Mexicans all day yesterday, Juan and Martin. We listened to spanish 105.3 in the car and all sang along with the music as the white boys pretended to know the words. I really wish I knew Spanish. I also wish they knew English.

-Watched the movie The Last Kiss. Glad I watched it; wouldn't recommend it though. The dad in the movie said one of the most profoundly accurate things (interesting how it's basically just the message behind 1 Cor. 13 repeated):
"In love? Every fool in America says they're in love with something. Saying you're in love doesn't mean a damn thing. What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you say you love. That's what matters. That's the only thing that counts."

-Chatted w/ Joseph Davis about what does and doesn't make us happy. Interestingly, our opinions and experiences are the same. More to come on that latter.

-Had to completely shave on Wednesday for the Career Fair. I felt so unbelievably naked without my facial stubble, especially when I took my morning shower. (yes that was corny, i am aware of that)

-Career Fair: two companies made me feel great; one company stomped on my confidence like woah...i'm still feeling the affects of the 'woah' company

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I watched the first 10 minutes of The Last Kiss and was utterly disgusted......how did you make it through the whole thing? granted I was watching it with my boyfriend so that probably added to the awkwardness and turning off of the movie.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home