Name:

Just passin' through

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Simon says v. Jesus says

Past two days, I've watched all 4 hours of American Idol
I've played 4 hours of poker
I've listened to 4 sermons
I've eaten 4 bowls of cereal (wait, that was today)
My car has 4 tires

But anyways, back to American Idol. I realized something that made me very sad. All the people that really really suck, that are made fun of, that the television show exploits because they really are hilariously awful....every single one of those people are a little off mentally. Have you noticed? They're not normal people. They're a bit messed up in the head. They're people who probably have few friends and are socially naive. And we just affirm to them what society has told them most of their life: "you suck" and "you are different...different in a bad way." But since they're not completely retarded, we're allowed to make fun of them. We excuse it by saying they need to be brought down to earth and shown reality. That's like dunking on a 4 yr old in a game of basketball so he stops thinking he's the best. Just some observations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home