Name:

Just passin' through

Sunday, January 28, 2007

A hindrance

One of the worst feelings in the world is knowing that you made Jesus look incredibly unattractive. That you made others look at Christianity and say "if that's what Jesus is about, no thank you." That your actions further hardened someone's heart toward the gospel. There's a lot of guilt that comes with that. But it hit me that instead of us Christians trying to look more like Jesus, we should look more like people who need Jesus. Instead of having a 'What Would Jesus Do' attitude, it should be more like 'What has Jesus done.' (thanks Dwebb) I hope I never get in the way of Jesus' message again. But it's bound to happen so long as I interact with people. Praise God that he is sovereign and still somehow uses broken, messed up people.


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home