Name:

Just passin' through

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Need Advice

This Cherokee 16yr old girl Leticia, who my church and I have visited the past 4 summers, called me several months ago telling me she "got saved." Very glad. So is she.

However, she sends me these text message chain letters every so often. Here is an example of one:
***Jesus never fails. Send this message to 9 ppl and u will get good news tomorrow. Don't neglect this; u never know when God is testing u.***

This saddens me because basically nothing about this message is Scriptural (a.k.a. true). It's basically treating God as a genie who you have figure out some hidden formula to get good stuff out of Him. For those of you who have an opinion, what, if anything, should I say to her? I want her to know the truth without coming off as a know-it-all, a lecturer, or angry. Any input or thoughts would be great.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always forward those kind of emails to everyone I know (sometimes to more people than it asks for so I can get bonus righteous points). I always have good luck because of my emails, thanks to God alone. I hope you too can partake in the joys of grace-by-email and God (of course, Him too).

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home