Name:

Just passin' through

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Business


I've been working the past 7 weeks on starting a business. It's hard work, you have to jump through so many hoops, and it won't get started for atleast another 5 months. But here's the short version of the idea for those who are interested.

In Colorado, Arizona, California, Texas, and many other Northern or Western states, all the Home Depots in big cities have hot dog stands independently run on their property. The most successful hot dog stands average 150 hot dogs sold per weekday and 1000 per weekend ($1 profit per hot dog). In the Southeast, it is basically an untapped market. The goal is to set up a hot dog stand at the Home Depot in Athens, get it up and running successfully, then pay someone else to work it as I move to Greenville, SC to start up a few more. Fortunately, two of my roommates have hot dog vending experience and are willing to help me. Then after 3-5 hot dog stands, I will pay someone else to run it, but remain partial owner. Hopefully, I will be able to collect some passive income from the business. Why Greenville, and not the rest of Georgia? Because Cobb County, Fulton, Gwinnett, Bibb, Richmond, and Muscogee County (where all the big GA cities are located) have strict zoning ordinances that will not allow hot dogs to be set up on the Home Depot property. Start up costs will be roughly $6000. But for now, I have to just sit and wait for my business to be approved. So what am I going to do in the meantime? I have no clue...someone please offer me a 5 month-long job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home