Name:

Just passin' through

Friday, October 06, 2006

Epiphany part 1

My Christianity looks like this: I want to be happy and I want to stop sucking at things (a.k.a. sin); and Scripture, good teaching, and life experience has taught me that Jesus is the only way I can achieve those things.

Some of my favorite verses are Psalm 34:8, and 2 Corinthians 3:18 because they tell me how to get what I want: happiness and self-improvement. I want others to be happy and to have hope that they can change so I actively want others to know Him. So my life looks pretty godly b/c I'm pursuing Jesus and sharing the Gospel often.

Even though all this is true, Jesus has now become a means to an end. He is not the goal, but the instrument used to achieve it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

missionary/friend/fellow male Stephen McGuire's newsletter made me think about all this

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home