Name:

Just passin' through

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Good story

Thursday morning, I wasn't in the mood to be productive, I wasn't in the mood to talk to God or spend time with him; I was in the mood to sin and so I started making provisions for it.
To make a long story short, things didn't work out so my only option was to take my cold heart and apathetic attitude to the Word...only because there was nothing else to do in that lonely apartment.

Here are highlights of what I read:
The voice of the LORD hews out flames of fire. The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness...The LORD sat as King at the flood; Yes, the LORD sits as King forever. The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace. (psalm 29:7,8,10,11)
LORD my God, I cried to You for help, and You healed me.....For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for a lifetime; Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning. (psalm 30:2, 5)

Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me; O LORD, be my helper. You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever. (psalm 30:10-12)


Here's the randomly selected songs I heard afterwards:
"He heard my cry for help and he filled my cup.
His favor extends for a lifetime, His grace gives me strength each day.
My soul shall sing his praise forevermore." (RUF - I Will Sing Praise to God)

"Tender mercy, you forgive me. Slow to anger, quick to love....Give praise to the one who pulled you out of darkness." (Enter the Worship Circle - Tender Mercy)


If you skimmed through this post, I'm sure it bored you. However, if you read and caught what all happened, you will hopefully be encouraged by how good our God is, how real He is, and how he continually draws his people back to himself even when they don't want him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home