Name:

Just passin' through

Monday, January 21, 2008

White people? Racists???

Monster Truck Rally...two memorable stories (if you have already taken care of your family, friends, and church, and therefore have time on your hands to read this)

1) I shall paint the scene from my January 12th evening: Monster Truck Rally, 75,000 people, 80% rednecks. Tommy and I stood in line chatting in the midst of a stand-still crowd waiting to enter the arena.........in a thick British accent. We were as loud and as British as we could make believable. People around us turned to look, confused and wondering what we were doing there. One of those pranks you pull for your own enjoyment....very enjoyable indeed.

2) After the event, as thousands boarded MARTA, I had to get on a crowded bridge that connected the Dome to the MARTA Station. 15' beneath us were tons of black homeless people waiting for people to toss down any amount of money or charity. So many of the rednecks on the bridge standing next to me taunted and mocked the homeless people below: "McDonald's is hiring!", "Here's a cigarrette...go fetch it niggers!" "Want some change? (fake throw) Hahahahaha". I have never wanted to beat the crap out of somebody so bad in my life. If there wasn't so many people around, I would have picked a fight, probably would have lossed, but at least hurt them in the process which would have been enough to satisfy me. Every black person I ran into the rest of that evening, I felt like I was one of them, on their side, against the naive redneck bastards who think God loves them more. My opinion of racism and all it's exaggerations and it's false accusations has changed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ethan said...

states' rights!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home