Name:

Just passin' through

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Boy Hits Car!!

One of my favorite bands of all time came to Athens last night, Boy Hits Car. Yeah you've probably never heard of them, they're from California. And yet, during my Junior and Senior year of high school, we had Boy Hits Car day where myself and 7 other guys would wear our Boy Hits Car t-shirts. Yep, pretty much the majority of us 8 guys reunited last night for an amazing showing.

Let me try to describe to you this concert:
1) First of all, a guy has to come on stage first to warn the crowd and audience of the extreme intensity level of this band.
2) I wear a cruddy shirt knowing it will get destroyed.
3) Everyone is soaked in sweat. And everyone is pushing, shoving, jumping into each other.
4) I make sure to not pop any zits the day of the concert so as not to open a wound that other people's disease infested sweat may enter.
5) I make sure to take everything out of my pockets because there is a good chance I could be upside down at some point during the concert.
6) A "Boy Hits Car" chant erupted several times during the two opening bands (disrespectful, but hey, i didn't start it)
7) Cregg, the lead singer, always does a flip into the crowd on the last song. There was nothing high to jump off of so he had to stand on a fan's shoulders. (Seriously watch this video that automatically loads onto the webpage).

And by the way, he easily is THE most humble person I have ever met.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

dude, i would have never picked this band to be one of your favs. that lead singer is CRAZY!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

haha. yeah them along with Derek Webb. What a combo.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home